Carbohydrates don’t make you fat! Too many calories make you fat.
People think that by cutting carbs out of their diet they will lose weight. This isn’t the reason people lose weight. It is simply down to a reduction in total calorie intake.
This belief needs to stop. Carbs are an essential macronutrient, and your body needs them as its main source of energy. You need this energy so you can function and train, and you train to burn calories!
Cutting out carbs is going to:
- Make you crave them more
- Make you feel tired
- Restrict you from social events
- Reduce energy
- Reduce energy needed to burn calories through exercise
- Reduce concentration
- Restrict enjoyment from food
How to lose weight
If you want to lose weight, you need to be in calorie deficit. You need to either:
- Increase your energy output. You do this by exercising more, and we can help you. No matter what your circumstances or goals, we understand what you’re trying to achieve and we work closely with you to be successful.
- Reduce total calories. You do this by eating less. Why not try a personal nutrition consultation?
For more about either option, visit our services page and see how The PT Centre can help you.