Results are what everyone wants. Our team at The PT Centre have over 10 years experience and have helped many people achieve life changing results. Helping clients overcome barriers, improving their mind set, changing behaviour, creating good habits, helping transform people’s physiques and generally improving ones overall health and well being.
This has given us a vast amount of knowledge that helps us identify key areas that help get someone results. Keeping on track and achieving long term successful results is something which a lot of people find difficult.
We have got 6 key steps to help you achieve your health and fitness goals:
Know your why!
– Understanding why you want to achieve your goal is the biggest step towards actually achieving it. Sometimes life throws curveballs at us and it becomes easy to give in to things which move us further away from achieving what we want. If we fully understand why we want to achieve something, it helps us to stay on track and work around things that sometimes get in our way.
– Planning makes all the difference when trying to achieve our goals. Planning helps us focus on the tasks ahead of us, mentally preparing us for what needs to be done.
– Our long term goal is the most important thing. Having short term targets, perhaps weekly or bi weekly will certainly help keep you motivated and help keep progress going. This can be incorporated in when planning in step two.
– Having a good support network around you will help dramatically in keeping motivated and getting you through times that feel more difficult, inevitably there are going to be times which feel harder than others and its nice to have people close to you who support what you’re doing. It’s also nice to have a support network for when things are going great and you want to talk about your success with them. This could be a family member, friend, spouse or coach. Someone who you can be accountable to and someone who will support you.
– Tracking progress isn’t for everyone. There can be many variables to track, depending on your goals. But there are so many positives to tracking progress. Similar to having small targets, if you are tracking your progress it can dramatically help in keeping your mind set strong. We can often feel disheartened with the way we feel, looking back at the data can be a great way to help us stay on track with the long term goal.
Have Fun! –
It seems straight forward but its one that most people get wrong. Do things you actually enjoy. To achieve great results we must be consistent. The only way we are going to be consistent with anything is if we actually enjoy what we are doing. We will be more likely to stick to it.
Do what you enjoy, have fun with it and enjoy the process.
Be consistent with these steps and you’ll be sure to build good habits that get you towards achieving the results you want.